County Clerk Contact Information

Petal J. Stanley
County Clerk
8 S Main, Suite 6
Carrollton, MO 64633

 660-542-0615 Ext. 3

Office Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 P.M. Monday – Friday

License and notary Public Information

If you have any questions, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at 660-542-0615.

Businesses selling alcohol in the County must first apply for a State liquor license with the Missouri Division of Liquor Control.  To be in compliance with state statutes, any business with a state license to sell liquor must also be granted a county liquor license prior to selling.  Fees are based on the license type issued by the Missouri Division of Liquor Control.  Application  for county liquor license(s) are available in the County Clerk’s Office.

Liquor Licenses expire annually on June 30.  Any applicant with outstanding personal or real estate taxes will be reported to state liquor control for their consideration on issuing state licenses. Steps to applying for a county liquor license:

1.  Pay county real estate and personal property tax.
2.  Must possess a state liquor license prior to application for county license.
3.  Liquor license fee must be collected at the time of application.
4.  Must possess proof of NO TAX DUE from Department of Revenue.

Questions regarding state liquor licenses may be directed to the Division of Liquor Control (816) 889-2574.

County Liquor Licenses are available at the Carroll County Clerk’s Office:

8 S Main, Suite 6

Carrollton, MO 64633


Below are the most common liquor licenses. If you do not see yours listed, please call our office at 660-542-0615 for more prices.
County fees are the same as the State fees.

If you own and operate an all-terrain vehicle and operate it for purposes other than agriculture, a special permit is required. The fee is $15.00 for a 3 year period.

You may apply for a special permit at the County Clerk’s Office, 8 S Main, Suite 6, Carrollton, MO 64633. A valid driver’s license is required with the $15.00 fee.

 1. No person shall operate an all-terrain vehicle, as defined in section 301.010, RSMo, upon the highways of this state except as follows:

(1) All-terrain vehicles owned and operated by a governmental entity for official use;
(2) All-terrain vehicles operated for agricultural purposes or industrial on-premises purposes between the official sunrise and sunset on the day of operation;
(3) All-terrain vehicles operated by handicapped persons for short distances occasionally only on the state’s secondary roads when operated between the hours of sunrise and sunset;
(4) Governing bodies of cities may issue special permits to licensed drivers for special uses of all-terrain vehicles on highways within the city limits.
(5) Governing bodies of counties may issue special permits to licensed drivers for special uses of all-terrain vehicles on county roads within the county.

2. No person shall operate an off-road vehicle within any stream or river in this state, except that off-road vehicles may be operated within waterways which flow within the boundaries of land which an off-road vehicle operator owns, or for agricultural purposes within the boundaries of land which an off-road vehicle operator owns or has permission to be upon, or for the purpose of fording such stream or river of this state at such road crossings as are customary or part of the highway system. All law enforcement officials or peace officers of this state and its political subdivisions or department of conservation agents or department of natural resources park rangers shall enforce the provisions of this subsection within the geographic area of their jurisdiction.

3. A person operating an all-terrain vehicle on a highway pursuant to an exception covered in this section shall have a valid operator’s or chauffeur’s license, except that a handicapped person operating such vehicle pursuant to subdivision (3) of subsection 1 of this section, but shall not be required to have passed an examination for the operation of a motorcycle, and the vehicle shall be operated at speeds of less than thirty miles per hour. When operated on a highway, an all-terrain vehicle shall have a bicycle safety flag, which extends not less than seven feet above the ground, attached to the rear of the vehicle. The bicycle safety flag shall be triangular in shape with an area of not less than thirty square inches and shall be day-glow in color.

4. No persons shall operate an all-terrain vehicle:

(1) In any careless way so as to endanger the person or property of another;
(2) While under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance;
(3) Without a securely fastened safety helmet on the head of an individual who operates an all-terrain vehicle or who is being towed or otherwise propelled by an all-terrain vehicle, unless the individual is at least eighteen years of age.

5. No operator of an all-terrain vehicle shall carry a passenger, except for agricultural purposes. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any all-terrain vehicle in which the seat of such vehicle is designed to carry more than one person.

6. A violation of this section shall be a class C misdemeanor. In addition to other legal remedies, the attorney general or county prosecuting attorney may institute a civil action in a court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief to prevent such violation or future violations and for the assessment of a civil penalty not to exceed one thousand dollars per day of violation.

In order to obtain an auctioneer license in Carroll County, you must complete a BLANK AUCTIONEER LICENSE 2023 and pay the appropriate fees.  The County Clerk’s Office is located at:  8 S Main, Suite 6, Carrollton, MO  64633.

No person shall exercise the trade or business of a public auctioneer by selling any goods, property or real estate, without a license.

The clerks of Carroll County Commission shall issue licenses in the following amounts:

10 Days     $5.00
1 Month     $10.00
3 Months   $20.00
6 Months   $30.00
12 Months $50.00

There will be a $2.00 fee paid to the County Clerk.

Every person who shall violate any of the provisions is guilty of a class C misdemeanor and shall be disqualified from exercising the rights or pursuing the business of an auctioneer for a period of one year from the date of his conviction.

Notary handbooks and applications are available on the Secretary of State’s web site or at the Carroll County Clerk’s Office.

To become a notary public in the State of Missouri, you must meet certain legal qualifications:

1)       You must be at least 18 years of age;

2)       You must be a registered voter in the county within and for which you are commissioned or a resident alien of the United States;

3)       You must apply in the county in which you legally reside and be commissioned for this same county;

4)       You must be able to read and write the English language; and

5)       You must not have had a commission revoked during the past ten years. 

Upon meeting the above qualifications, you will need to submit an application and $25.00 filing fee to the Secretary of State, Commission Division.  Notary handbooks and applications may be picked up at the office of the Carroll County Clerk, Carroll County Courthouse, 8 S Main, Suite 6, Carrollton, MO.  To obtain a handbook by mail, send a check for $3.50 for shipping to Carroll County Clerk, 8 S Main, Suite 6, Carrollton, MO  64633.

Once you have completed your application and submitted it and the $25.00 fee to the Secretary of State’s office, the application will be processed.  Upon approval from the Secretary of State you will receive a letter notifying you that your commission has been forwarded to the County Clerk’s office.  You will need to obtain a $10,000 notary bond, which can be done through most insurance companies, and present it and a sample of your signature to the County Clerk.  You will take your notary oath and receive your commission at this time.  There is a $3.00 filing fee with the County Clerk office to process the oath and forward it to the Secretary of State.

If you have any questions please contact the office of the County Clerk at (660)542-0615.


Petal J. Stanley

I am the Carroll County Clerk and Election Authority.   

I was elected in 2022 to serve the next four-year term.  I started this journey by working for four years as a Carroll County Poll Worker before becoming the Elections Deputy in 2020.

I look forward to working with you in various capacities: elections, taxes and human resources.  

If you have  questions or concerns I am always happy to help or you can contact me at 660-542-0615 Ext. 3 or

Deputy clerk:
Tammy Hawkins

Tammy is the Payroll Deputy who is responsible for keeping all County employee time records, paychecks, insurance information, CERF records, Accounts Payable, Notary Public renewals, liquor licenses, auctioneer licenses and ATV licenses. 

Elections Deputy:
carisa o'dell

Carisa is the Elections Deputy/Deputy Clerk who is responsible for maintaining the Missouri Central Voter Registration database for Carroll County and helps prepare all the information needed at the polls election day.  Carisa also maintains the County Commission agenda and the minutes for all County Commission meetings.

Deputy Clerk:
katana blankenship

Katana is the Deputy Clerk. 

Mike Pelican: Building and Grounds